Delayed postings. God Bless Remy and Bernice.

The Campbell Family is suffering this weekend, but it has nothing to do with pediatric cancer for a change.  Cancer... on the other hand... we still hate you.  Cancer took the life of Bernice yesterday, a doting grandmother to my nephews and loving mom to my brother-in-law Harry and his sister Colleen.  She suffered with the disease for 18 months and showed amazing strength every step of the way.  My sister tells me that she often said, "what happened to me is okay, what happened to Ty... that's not!"  A few days ago she told my mother that when she gets to heaven her first order of business will be to make a special request for Ty's health :)  God bless Bernice, she was a beautiful woman and her family will miss her always.

My cousin Pete and his wife Mary have been living in their own world of hospital hell over the past three months, and this morning they kissed their baby girl goodbye.  Mary gave birth to beautiful little Remy on Feb. 23 in an emergency C-section when her doctors discovered she was suffering from HELP syndrome.  Over the past three months, Pete and Mary were thrown into parenthood and faced with more pain and difficult decisions than any parent should ever have to face.  They are and always will be the strongest, most loving Mommy and Daddy in the world.  My heart is broken wide open.  Pain is pouring out.  I just wish it weren't true, I am still in shock and disbelief.  Although Remy never quite turned that corner during her time in the NICU, I was just SO SURE that she would.  She had so many ups and downs, including some great, unforgettable days like when they were able to hold their baby for the first time ever after months of uncertainty.  Of all people, I know how badly they wanted her to get better.  I don't really have anything else to say.

Over the next few days we will be traveling and visiting with family and loved ones.  I don't know how often I will be able to post, but I will try to keep you updated on all things Ty.  Today he is doing great.  Sleep is still an issue, but he has been having relatively pain-free days for the three days in a row and it's been so incredible.  He is really feeling good.  His visit in the clinic on Friday showed that his bloodcounts are actually on their way back up, so he should be doing well for the next couple of weeks until we begin the next treatment.  I am so happy it went so smoothly this time around.  We will not know how affective the chemo has been for another six weeks or so (MRI won't be scheduled until after his second round of chemo is completed) but clinically he is showing small improvements with every day.  We are thrilled and so hopeful.  Ty has more angels watching out for him today, and he just has to be okay. 

Comments

  1. My thoughts and prays are with you and your family during this difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CINDY:
    PLEASE SEND OUR LOVE AND HUGS TO PETER AND MARY. WE ARE SOOOOOOO SAD. WE ARE KNOWING ABOUT THE EVENTS TODAY THROUGH YOUR BLOG AFTER AN ANNIVERSARY WEEK-END WITH THE KIDS.
    WITHOUT WORDS.

    ON THE OTHER HAND, READING ABOUT TY IS GREAT! TRY TO KEEP YOUR GOOD SPIRITS HIGH.
    OUR PRAYERS WITH YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that horrible news! Sending prayers to your cousin and his wife and your brother-in-law and family! Keep your chin up and keep fighting! We only want to hear good news from now on!! SuperTy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We too have been affected recently by cancer. I won't get into the details because I'm sure you don't want to hear about another cancer story but this disease is definitely hated all round. I hope Ty's treatments are going good this week and that he's getting stronger by the day. God bless from Canada!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

So Gray Today

Anything but cancer

Our baby is finally free. Rest in peace Ty Louis Campbell.